Live TC is a YIMBY ACTION chapter (Michigan’s first!) and pro-housing citizen-led movement with one agenda and one agenda only: to advocate for abundant homes on Traverse City’s eight square miles.
We’re here because we care about Traverse City’s future.
We’re here to advocate, educate, and build political will for more housing with our partners.
We’re here to fight for an inclusive, sustainable, and economically thriving Traverse City for all.
Build public support/political will to help those who work in Traverse City (teachers, nurses, firefighters, etc) also be able to live in Traverse City by lobbying to:
- Build HomeStretch’s Lot O project (Cass/State)
- Approve the Planning Commission’s 2022 zoning reform goals to support housing
- Deliver on the City Commission’s #1 strategic priority (housing), specifically building homes on City-owned land like at the Department of Public Services (Woodmere), Oak Wood cemetery, surface lots downtown (Lot T, G), and landbank parcels (Boardman Lake avenue)
- Connect people in need of a home in Traverse City with people who may know of available homes in Traverse City.
- Advocate for more housing in Traverse City especially more workforce and affordable housing on City-owned land
- Advocate and educate on the value of low-carbon footprint housing
- Build and strengthen relationships with elected and appointed officials on the TC City Commission, DDA Board, and TC planning Commission
- Advocate for progressive zoning reform
- Educate elected and appointed officials and residents on evidence-based pro-housing policies and practices
- Build and strengthen relationships with organizations including local businesses that support more housing in TC.
- Support the election of pro-housing City Commissioners and appointment of pro-housing DDA board members/TC planning commissioners
- Support the extension of TIF 97 and the use of TIF funds to build housing
- Support the building of the west-end parking deck to build housing on downtown surface lots
Currently, we are made up of four interconnected, interdependent teams:
- Lot O
- Other City-owned parcels
- Zoning Reform
- Prop 3
YES? OH YEAH!
Yes to people.
Yes to housing.
Yes to climate action.
Yes to more neighbors.
Yes to a fair and equitable community.
Yes to a strong economy and workforce.
Yes to fewer cars and shorter commutes.
Yes to health and walkable neighborhoods.
Yes to Traverse City.
Live Traverse City.