We Fight is a self-organizing, citizen-led community guided by the Surgeon General’s recent advisory with one agenda and one agenda only: to better protect our Northern Michigan kids’ mental health.
We’re here to connect and support the many good things happening in Northern Michigan.
We’re here to fill gaps, strengthen weak links, grow community awareness and build political will with our partners.
We’re here to convene conversations and tell stories to foster strong relationships built on trust and respect.
We’re here because we care. We’re here to fight for our kids.
To date, 1000+ people have joined We Fight. We all have a role to play in protecting our kids’ mental health.
The kids need you. We need you.
WHAT WE DO
- Host quarterly youth mental health summits for young leaders – and those who love them – at Northwestern Michigan College.
- Connect young leaders to each other and highly resourced individuals.
- Help Northern Michigan organizations meet their youth mental health goals by leveraging the power of the We Fight community.
- Support citizen-led campaigns, projects, and initiatives that align with We Fight’s vision and the Surgeon General’s advisory on youth mental health to build public support and political will for their cause.
- Meet monthly on the third Tuesday of the month at 7pm via zoom
- Publish the weekly newsletter, Always Possible
OUR PURPOSE, VISION, VALUES & FOCUS AREAS
To better protect our Northern Michigan kids’ mental health, together.
A Northern Michigan where everyone plays a role in protecting our kids’ mental health.
- Effective action
OUR 2022/23 FOCUS AREAS:
- Elevate and Lift Youth Voice
- Boost Knowledge and Learn
- Build Support and Connect
WHEN WE MEET
We meet virtually on the second Tuesday of the month from 7-8pm.