This week’s nomination for the We Fight Spotlight is Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services, a nonprofit organization founded in 1910 in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
More about Pine Rest:
Pine Rest is one of the largest free-standing behavioral health providers in the U.S., offering a full continuum of services including inpatient and partial hospitalization, psychiatric urgent care, residential and outpatient services, addiction treatment and recovery, extensive child and adolescent programs, senior care services, as well as specialized assessment and treatment clinics.
Pine Rest clinicians offer therapeutic services in behavioral health across the continuum of care within a Christian framework. Pine Rest has 21 outpatient locations plus teletherapy. The organization’s 220-acre campus is located at 300 68th Street SE in Grand Rapids [with other satellite campuses, including one in Traverse City].
The 1,750+ staff members include 90 psychiatrists and doctors, 51 resident/fellow physicians, 54 psychologists, 243 counselors and social workers, 13 physician assistants, 26 nurse practitioners, 206 registered nurses, 426 psychiatric technicians, plus 12 chaplains.
Depending on the severity of need, Pine Rest offers:
- inpatient hospitalization
- partial hospitalization (day programs)
- psychiatric urgent care
- telehealth services
- residential services for mental illness and addiction
Pine Rest’s additional services include:
- community programs
- management and consulting
- educational programming
SERVICES FOR CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS
SUPPORT GROUPS AND CLASSES
- Families and Friends of Aging Adults
- Family Recovery Group (Addiction/Substance Use Disorder/Recovery)
- Healthy Living Group (adult and adolescent group options)
- Mood Management for Chronic Pain
- Nurtured Heart Approach Class for Parents/Caregivers of Children
- Overcoming Anxiety and Depression
- Raising LGBTQ+ Kids
- Recovery Alumni Support Group (Addiction/Substance Use Disorder/Recovery)
- SELAH Domestic Abuse Awareness Group
note: groups listed here have an online meeting option. A full list of groups, including those that meet in-person, can be found on Pine Rest’s website.
In 1910, a group of pastors and laity decided to create an organization that treated all aspects of a person’s well-being: emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual.
Initially formed by and for members of the Reformed Church in America and the Christian Reformed Church in America, Pine Rest today is a faith-based organization serving a multitude of individuals from many cultures and religions. Pine Rest offers quality services to people regardless of their race, color, creed or national origin.
We are tremendously grateful for the work done by Pine Rest and all of our Spotlight organizations.
All organizations featured in the Spotlight have been nominated by We Fight members who believe in their work and/or have benefited from it. What’s that organization for you? Complete this nomination form to see your favorite organization in the Spotlight.
- Learn about Pine Rest’s locations and treatment options
- Pine Rest’s resources and blog
- A recent Pine Rest blog post: Talking to Teens About Suicide Prevention
- Donate to support Pine Rest
- Contact Pine Rest
- Follow Pine Rest on Facebook, or check out their video resources on YouTube
Please join in celebrating and building awareness for Pine Rest. There are lots of ways — big and small — We Fight members can help, including the following:
- Sharing the Spotlight on social media
- Forwarding this newsletter to a friend
- Writing a review on Facebook or Google
- Making a donation
- Telling a friend or neighbor about them
- Writing a supportive letter to the editor
- Contacting Pine Rest and asking what they need