Earlier this month, We Fight, a self-organizing network of people who care, hosted Elevate Northern Michigan #2: A Mental Health Summit Series for Young Leaders — and Those Who Love Them.
Elevate Northern Michigan aims to boost knowledge, shift attitudes, decrease stigma and build support for a Northern Michigan where everyone plays a role in protecting our young people’s mental health.
Huge thank you to:
– Dr. Michael Kern: “Self-Compassion Through Self-Awareness: Moving Past Excuses to Find the Reasons and Help Yourself”
– Megan Mertaugh-Graber: “How Chickens, Llamas, and the Natural World Can Enhance Social Intelligence”
– Jessie Perez: “Finding Your Lifesavers: Building Your Mental Health Toolkit”
– Nick Nissley for sharing his mental health challenges while growing up
– Northwestern Michigan College for donating space at the Innovation Space
You can view their presentations HERE
When in Doubt; Learn
Learning about psychology, neuroscience, practical well-being tools, and leadership skills together with young leaders from six area schools — and those who love them — gave me hope.
Hope that we can do better.
Hope that when we know the science, there will be no stigma. No shame. And no guilt.
Are you a member of We Fight yet?
If not, you should be. Join us HERE and let’s build on this hope, together.
Elevate Northern Michigan #3 Registration Now Open
There is no cost to attend Elevate Northern Michigan thanks to the United Way of Northwest Michigan and Northwestern Michigan College.
The kids need you.
We need you.
I need you.
We’re counting on you.